Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT ecosystem to develop new IoT companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
As a UI\UX Designer in NBT, you are central to a multidisciplinary team of business architects, tech experts, and lead designers. You will create simple, useful and delightful cross-channel experiences within the connected world. We strongly believe in the ‘design thinking’ approach to developing valuable experiences that improve people’s lives and client business results.
You are a curious professional, up to date with new trends, technologies and tools to develop the best digital experiences across the widest markets. Your passion for UX drives you to foster design thinking and best practices, stimulating and intriguing people both within and outside the team.
You check most of the following boxes:
- Excellent skills in developing wireframes, user stories and journeys and prototypes, optimised for devices and contexts.
- Excellent knowledge of Omnigraffle, Sketch and HCI principles.
- Good knowledge of the main prototyping tools: InVision, Proto.io and MarvelApp.
- Good knowledge of Service Design principles and methods, and of Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Good understanding of front- and back-end programming dynamics.
- A sweet deal
- Full-time permanent contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Top notch lab access
- Unlimited access to a fully equipped R&D lab for fast prototyping through to minor production runs at post prototype stages. The lab covers 4 areas: Electronics, 3d printing, mechanical engineering and P&P machines for pcb manufacturing.
- Culture driven organisation
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 15 countries
- Healthy working hours
- Yoga room, nap room, and fitness studio in the new Factory office location
- Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team;
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.