Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT ecosystem to develop new IoT companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
Join our Team!
METR is one of the initial NBT AG supported ventures.
We provide conscious IoT solutions - including hardware and software - that enable use cases for building technology automation and smart home applications. We enable the interoperability of different technological systems in buildings through a local IoT-network, which integrates tech-solutions with different IoT protocols into an open system.
- Work in a close and trusting relationship with our CTO
- Play a vital part in our embedded systems development processes and architecture, from the planning to the implementation and testing phases
- Take an active role in decisions on designing and implementing embedded architectures
- Evaluate different technologies specific for the IoT world including LoRa, NB-IoT, 6LoWPAN, Z-Wave, WiFi and BLE
- Actively code, debug, test and write the corresponding documentation
- Excellent knowledge of embedded architectures
- Strong startup spirit and love for dynamic work environments
- Positive attitude
- Ownership of your work
- Excellent knowledge in C/C++, embedded linux and the common tool chains
- Very good experience in debugging of embedded systems
- Very good experience with sub GHZ wireless communication
- A sweet deal
- Full-time permanent contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Top notch lab access
- Unlimited access to a fully equipped R&D lab for fast prototyping through to minor production runs at post prototype stages. The lab covers 4 areas: Electronics, 3d printing, mechanical engineering and P&P machines for pcb manufacturing.
- Culture driven organisation
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 15 countries
- Healthy working hours
- Yoga room, nap room, and fitness studio in the new Factory office location
- Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team.
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.